By completing the registration form you recognize that you have read, understood and agree with the conditions and terms found below for the Tools420 Affiliate Program.
1. Program Enrollment
To be eligible to be a Tools420.ca Affiliate, you must be at least eighteen (19) years of age or the age of majority in your place of residence. By submitting the registration form and approval you will become an Affiliate and be bound by the terms of this agreement. The purpose of your participation in this program is exclusively for this purpose: to legally advertise our website and collect a commission on products purchased by your referral customers. Every Affiliate Account must be approved by Tools420 prior to Initiation.
2. Program Payment Schedule
All Affiliate commissions for orders generated as a result of Affiliate links/web site will be held for 30 days after the order shipping date. Usually orders are shipped within 1-3 business days after an order is placed. This timeframe gives us sufficient time to compensate for returns, exchanges or canceled orders. When a payment request has been submitted, commissions will be calculated within 3-7 business days and payment sent out to the Affiliate. Payments are made via PayPal and minimum account balance of at least $50.00 CAD. Store Credit can also be issued upon request in lieu of payment.
Tools420.ca reserves the right to reverse compensation payments for orders that have been returned, canceled, chargebackedor not shipped within sixty (60) days of the initial purchase date.
3. Affiliate Status Termination
Your Affiliate application and standing in the program may be revoked or terminated for any of the following reasons:
- • Unsuitable advertisements (false claims, misleading hyperlinks).
- Spamming (mass email, mass newsgroup posting, etc…).
- Promotion on sites containing/promoting illegal activities.
- Violation of intellectual property rights.
- Excessive amount of re-directing links (ie/ Site 1 links to Site 2 links to Site 3 links to Affiliate Site links to Tools420).
- Directing traffic from a Coupon Website (ex/ couponbirds.com/).
- Using Search Engine Advertising to send traffic (ex/ Google Adwords, Yahoo Advertising, Bing Advertising, etc.).
- Any other reason that Tools420 finds to be in breach of the Affiliate Program.
4. Affiliate Links
You may use images, text and social links on your web site and in emails. You may use the images and text provided by us or you may create your own (if they conform with the rules indicated above).
5. Affiliate Tracking
A cookie with your Affiliate code is set when a guest clicks through your Affiliate link on their browser. A database will also track their IP address along with your Affiliate name. When this person chooses to purchase a product, the java script will search for this cookie and/or try to match their IP address to identify the Affiliate, who will then be given the commission. Guests sent through your Affiliate link may still buy a product at a later time and the commission will still be granted if the cookie exists in their browser and/or they are using the same IP address as the one tracked in the database for a period of 30 days.
6. Terms of the Agreement
These terms and conditions will start upon enrolment with the Affiliate Program and conclude when your Affiliate account is terminated. The terms of this agreement may be altered by Tools420 at any time with or without notice to the Affiliate. If any adjustment to the terms is unacceptable to the Affiliate, the Affiliate may dismiss the account at any time. Your continued involvement in the program will constitute your agreement of any changes. All sources (websites) for incoming traffic that result in eligible commissions must be provided by the affiliate and proven by Tools420.
Select brands and products are eligible for commissions and these rates are provided upon affiliate approval. Tools420 occasionally offers discount coupons to select affiliates and to our newsletter subscribers. If you’re not pre-approved / assigned a branded coupon, then you’re not allowed to promote the coupon nor will you be eligible for any commissions from the sale of any products using those coupons. In addition, any order during our sales period or uses a coupon code will only be eligible for a 5% commission rate. Commissions will not be eligible when a Price Match is used. Any purchases resulting from a third party link or coupon code (retailmenot.com, reddit.com, etc.) will not earn a commission. We reserve the right to alter these commission rates at any time. Affiliate commission earnings are calculated with reference to the product price charged to the customer AFTER reduction of Shipping Costs and other fees.
• We will not be liable for indirect or accidental damages (loss of revenue, commissions, etc.) due to Affiliate tracking failures, loss of database files, and any results of “intents of harm” to the program or our website. We do not make any expressed or implied warranties with respect to the Affiliate Program and/or products sold at this site. We make no claim that the operation of the Affiliate Program and our website will be error-free and we will not be liable for any interruptions or errors. Affiliate further agrees and warrants that it will comply with all local, provincial/state and federal laws (including, but not limited to, the “CAN-SPAM” Act, effective January 1, 2004) regarding the sending of e-mails.
• Affiliate shall indemnify and hold Tools420 harmless from any and all legal actions, damages or liabilities incurred from the day-to-day operations of the Affiliate. Under no conditions will Tools420 be liable whether in tort, contract or otherwise for indirect, incidental, consequential, special or exemplary damages (including but not limited to damages for any loss of revenue, profits, business interruption, loss of business information or data, loss of goodwill, work stoppage, hardware or software failure, or other pecuniary loss) arising from or relating to any provision of this Agreement or the program. Without limiting the foregoing, Tools420’s aggregate liability arising with respect to this Agreement will not exceed the total fees paid or payable to Affiliate under this agreement.
• Tools420 will own all rights, title and interest in and to all information that is created or collected in the operation of the tools420.ca web site and reserves the right to amend or terminate this Agreement at any time, with or without notice to the Affiliate. The laws of the province of Ontario shall govern this Agreement. Should there be any legal dispute between the parties, then both parties agree to take the matter before arbitration/mediation in Toronto, Ontario should Tools420.ca request arbitration/mediation in lieu of formal legal process. Both parties mutually agree that the sole legal venue for all disputes shall be in Toronto, Ontario.
• By filling out the registration form you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed to the terms and conditions above for the Tools420 Affiliate Program.