Haze V3 Review
The Haze V3 portable vaporizer from Haze Technologies is a noticeable upgrade over its predecessor, the V2.5. The V3 is a thicker, more durable and offers more features than the V2.5. Naturally, the V3 also comes with a bigger price tag of around $250. Is the price justified? How does the V3 stack up in comparison to other high-end portable vaporizers like it? Read on to find out more.
Battery/ Heat Up Time
You can remove and recharge the 18650 2600mAh batteries that come with the Haze V3, which is a nice feature. You also get two of them right out of the box. The batteries take about 2-3 hours to fully charge. This unit has an above average heat up speed of about 50 to 60 seconds, and also maintains temperatures well. You will get a total of around 90 minutes of continuous usage provided you don’t constantly use the highest setting of level four. At that setting, you are probably looking at around an hour, but most vape users don’t take every hit on the highest setting with each session. The V3 only comes with 4 preset temperatures, which can be a determent to some users who are looking for customization when it comes to temps. You can purchase more batteries and charge them up, while packing the canisters for a night out, not having to worry about the vape dying on you at all.
Using the Haze V3 Portable Vaporizer
The Haze in addition to vaping dry herbs, you can also use the Haze V3 portable vaporizer to vape extracts and E-liquids as well. Something that the Haze V3 can do that you can’t do with most other vapes is toke on more than one material at once – thanks to its dual screen, convection/ conduction functionality. So, you can pack a bowl of dry herb in one screen, and fill up the other with your favorite concentrate and vape them using the versatile canisters.
On the conduction side, you will heat up your materials faster, and therefore get thicker clouds – if that’s what you’re into. With the convection screen, it’s more of a low and slow approach that results in evenly distrusted heat and very rich flavor, terpene profile and medicated effects.
The V3 weighs about 7 ounces and is 3 ¼ inches tall. The mouthpiece pulls out of the lid when you’re ready to use it, making it close to 5 inches tall. Because of this, the Haze V3 is not exactly the most discreet portable vaporizer that money can buy. The V3 comes with cleaning tools and two mouthpieces – one made of steel and one made of glass.
Some users have complained about airflow getting clogged when using the V3 for dry herbs. This unit is different than others in that you will want to grind your dry herbs up as finely as possible. Also, what these users might be missing is that you can fill your materials tightly into the chamber, unlike other vapes. This allows air to better flow under the lid, and will result in much better, fuller vape hits.
The Haze V3 offers vapor quality that is slightly above average, in comparison to others on the market today. You don’t have to inhale very deeply to get nice hits off of this device, which is a plus. Some V3 users note that the vapor can get on the hotter side after a full session, and the taste and smoothness tends to degrade as you finish up.
- The V3 is one of the most exceptionally versatile portable vaporizers you can buy. In addition to vaping dry herbs, concentrates and e-liquids, you can also toke on more than one substance at the same time, if you’re feeling adventurous. Very few, if any, vaporizers on the market today offer those kinds of options.
- You’ll get a solid battery life of up to 90 minutes of continuous usage, and the batteries can also be recharged. The V3 comes with two batteries, which is fairly uncommon.
- The ability to use either convection or conduction heat is something that sets this unit apart as well, adding even more to its versatility.
- The V3 offers minimal draw resistance, which means low and slow dry herb hits tend to be the tastiest and smoothest.
- Most components on this unit are covered by a superior 10-year warranty.
- The Haze V3 device is not customizable when it comes to heating, unlike some of the other similarly priced high-end portable vaporizers. It only has four temperature settings that are all presets. This is not likely an issue for inexperienced users or vape enthusiasts that just want to toke and go, but if you like a lot of customizable options with your heat settings, you might want to look elsewhere.
- The dry herb fill chambers on this unit are tiny. Even though there are two of them, you can fit more dry herbs into most of the other portable vaporizers on the market today. You can buy and tote around more canisters if you so choose, but this can be an annoying step that you just don’t have to worry about with most other popular vapes.
- The warranty does not cover glass mouthpieces or batteries.
- The vapor can get a bit on the hotter side when you’re using it for long sessions.
- The Haze V3 looks differently than most of the other portable vaporizers, with some vape enthusiasts remarking that it almost looks like a flask you’d put booze in. This shape can be used for discreet tokes if you’re creative with the way you hit it, but it doesn’t have the sleek and easy feel that many other vaporizer on the market. Even though it is not a monstrosity, its unique shape could be a bit more than what some users are looking for. It is larger and weighs more than the Crafty portable vaporizer. Because of this, it might not be your best choice if you are really looking for discreet vaporizing.
Please share your thoughts about our review on the Haze V3 in the comment section below so we can make modification to serve you better. Happy 420!