Arizer Extreme Q Vaporizer Review
The Arizer Extreme Q is a desktop vaporizer that is relatively inexpensive, especially in comparison to others of its kind. This impressive dry herb desktop vaporizer offers the option for use with either bag style vaping or whip style. The device looks similar to a coffeemaker, but don’t let the looks fool you. It most certainly is not a kitchen appliance. What advantages does this desktop vaporizer offer that others don’t, and what are some of its drawbacks? Is the Arizer Extreme Q the vaporizer for you? Read on to find out more.
Using the Arizer Extreme Q Desktop Vaporizer
Since the Extreme Q is a desktop vaporizer, obviously it’s powered using a standard wall outlet that you plug in. The device weighs 13 ounces and clocks in at about 6” long by 6” wide.
The Extreme Q offers to-the-number temperature controls, which are very accurate for its affordable price tag. Its temperature range is an impressive 50°C to 260°C, which competes against some of the high-end desktop vapes like the Volcano or the Vapir Rise , and obviously blows most portable vaporizers out of the water. The Extreme Q gets to your selected temperature at a blazing speed of 30 seconds, which is much quicker than that of its higher-priced competitor, the Volcano. Since the Volcano is obviously more expensive however, it does beat the Extreme Q when it comes to how long it takes to fill up a bag with vapor – the Volcano takes only about 30 seconds, while the Extreme Q fills up a bag in about 90. This is a fair trade off, as far as we are concerned.
The Arizer Extreme Q comes with a remote control that gives you a few options that the base of the device does not. The remote might seem like an unnecessary thing to some users, considering you’ll have to lean forward to take a rip anyway, but we like it because it gives you some more options as far as controlling the speed of the fan or arriving at the exact temperature that is perfect for your vaping preference. The bottom of the Extreme Q has a blue light that looks pretty cool, especially in the dark.
To use the Extreme Q, just pack a bowl of your dry herbs, attach the bowl to the heating element that’s made of ceramic, connect the bag or the included tube on top, and flip the power switch to activate the fan. Let the device heat up, then fill up a bag with vapor or turn the fan off and inhale directly using the included tube, and enjoy a nice, tasty rip. The bowl and parts of the tubing tend to get extremely hot after a full session, so be aware of that. It is best to let the device cool down for a few minutes before reloading.
Manufacturer Arizer makes the claim that the Extreme Q features a noise level reduction of 77% percent over some of the older models. This figure is nearly impossible to confirm, but the device is pretty quiet overall, especially for its powerful capabilities, and it does seem to make less noise than its predecessors.
Vapor Quality on the Arizer Extreme Q
The vapor quality of the Extreme Q is not on par with that of the much more expensive Volcano, but the vapor quality is still great for the price. We noticed tastier rips when using the bag, but there have generally been no complaints about the whip, either.
What Comes With the Arizer Extreme Q?
Right out of the box, the Arizer Extreme Q comes with the device itself, two mouthpieces, two balloon attachments, two bowls, a whip that is three feet long, a dish that can be used with potpourri or other aromatherapy scents, additional replacement screens, and a stirring tool that is made from glass.
Even though the Arizer Extreme Q desktop vaporizer is very affordable, you most likely won’t find it lacking in the accessories department. It also comes with a respectable 3-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- The Arizer Extreme Q is perhaps the most reasonably priced desktop vaporizer you can buy
- The device features a lot of accessories that increase the value even more
- The Extreme Q features a heating element that is made from ceramic, and stems that are made from glass, which means that just about every rip is delicious
- The temperature controls are down to the exact number, and you can customize your desktop vaping experience to your liking
- A three year warranty is a respectable, especially at this price point
- This device comes with a significant amount of components that are made of glass. These parts tend to be a bit fragile, can break easily, and will need to be cleaned often
- The glass piece on the Extreme Q must be inserted into a small tube made from plastic, which is a tight fit, and can be potentially problematic, leading to breakage
- All of the little glass parts can be confusing and frustrating to many users, especially newbies
- Unlike some of the other models of its kind, the bags that come with the Extreme Q do not have any kind of valve, which means users have to keep pressure on the bag
What do you think about the Arizer Extreme Q desktop vaporizer? Do you own one of these devices, or know someone who does? What are its strengths and weaknesses? Is it the best desktop vaporizer available? If not, what do you think is the best? Let us know in the comments. And as always if you think this unit is for you then head over to Tools420 desktop vaporizers to get your own Extreme Q.
Check back right here for more great reviews just like this one. Follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for updates and to be entered to win prizes! Until next time, it’s 4:20 somewhere!