Discover the difference between Portable Vaporizers Vs Vape Pens
In this article we will compare two of the most popular types of vaporizers on the market, which are portable vaporizers and vape pens. Although vaping has been around for thousands of years, it has only recently come to the fore. It can be an ideal way for smokers to give up the habit by swapping it for something less harmful, less socially awkward and less addictive. Either if you are brand new to vaping or have tried a vaporizer for a while and want to switch, this article is for you.
What is vaping?
You may think you’ve seen someone smoking from a pen, but what you’ve seen is someone vaping. Vaping is inhaling the water vapor from flavored e-liquid, cannabis oil or concentrates heated through a heating chamber, a portable device that can be electronically recharged. E-liquids, cannabis oil or concentrates are tobacco-free, and often can also be nicotine-free, and are much better smelling and tasting than cigarette smoke.
What are they?
Portable vaporizers are handheld but can come in a variety of shapes and levels of quality. These systems heat dry herbs for vaporization, and are often used for cannabis or other dry herbs such as wild mint, lavender or even pink rose. You can also get wax and hybrid models.
- Because of their slightly larger size, remember they are still handheld, their heating system can be more advanced. These systems will usually use convection heating
- Delivers smoother, smokier vaporization
- Delivers less harmful and carcinogenic ingredients to your lungs
- Some modern vaporizers are actually very clever and discreet, including one designed to look like an asthma inhaler and another designed to look like a coffee mug
- Because of their size these systems usually include more technology and features, for instance systems to cool the vaporization before it hits you, and some that operate with a mobile app.
- Portable vaporizers are generally larger than the vape pens so are actually not as portable or discreet
- These are the more costly option, with prices ranging from $50 to $500+
What are they?
Vape Pens look like pens or e-cigarettes. They heat flavored e-liquids or cannabis oil or concentrates. The more expensive ones are rechargeable.
- Slim and sleek in design, vape pens look exactly like chunkier pens so can be more handy and disguisable
- Because you have to change your atomizer (heating chamber) more often in a vape pen you can get more variety in your vaping.
- Can be a very cheap option, with disposable vape pens available for just a few dollars.
- Because of their smaller frame the vape pens have a generally less advanced heating system, usually a conduction system
- Vapor may be less smooth and pure than that produced by vaporizers
- The atomizers may need replacing more often which can be costly
The decision as to which vaping system to use I think really depends on your commitment to vaping. If you are prepared to shell out more for purer vapor hits, and you don’t mind the size, then the portable vaporizer is for you. However if you care a bit less about purity and just want a discreet way to vape, you may want to look into vape pens. Either way there are many options for you to consider in both categories, so you are bound to find something that makes you happy.